Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Finally Worn Down

Over the weekend Jan changed Bree's bed over to the "big girl" style (took off the front bars of her convertible crib). She loved it and didn't shown any sleeping problems after the adjustment. Well, today was an exception. She went down for her nap at around 12:30p.m., and was quiet for about 20 minutes. Then she started knocking on her door. Upon opening it the reason was quite obvious. So, I put her down again after changing her dirty diaper, but she just didn't go to sleep. I had the monitor on, and she didn't cry, she just played, talked and tore her room apart in jocund jubilee. At 2:15 she started complaining in earnest, and I let her out, feeling frustrated at her lack of nap but, having been a child myself, I knew it was less than helpful to try to force a nap. So, we played for a while, and at 3 I gave her a banana to snack on while watching Animal Planet, while I hopped on the computer. at 3:15, having noticed the lack of singing/talking, I turned around to see the back of a little Bree head hanging sideways over the side of her highchair. I couldn't resist a snapshot to document the moment.

1 comment:

BillyCheese said...

Kids are definetly funny that way. They don't want to go to sleep but end up falling asleep at random points in time and most often in werid positions . It reminds me of when my niece was very tired but didn't take a nap when she was supposed to but sure enough after a while she ended up sleeping on the kitchen floor. I think the bed would be so much more comfortable. I guess when a kid decides to sleep they find some place to rest there head and go to sleep.