Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Frightful Fruit

We got a message from the Wild-Bounders that they had grown a few extra pumpkins and wanted us to share in their bounty. We came, we carved, we cackled. When our vehicle deposited us at our domicile, we played with matches and took pictures inspired by Adventures in Iowa and posted them here for all to see.

The Jack-o-Lanterns seen here were captured on digital film thanks to the long exposure setting (I think I over-exposed it a bit - it's my first attempt at such a shot) on our mid-level-point-and-click. They are arranged in the following order from left to right:



Mine (Ahenobarbus's), Pulcheria's, and Bree's.

5 comments:

WildBound said...

I LOVE them. Nice photo...it is inspiring me to try the exposure thing with our pumpkins. I mean the camera exposure thing...it's a bit nippy for anything else...:-)

WildBound said...

Soooooo, how long were you exposed? Does this have anything to do with that hotsprings hippi?

Love ya
Rone

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

Very funny!

T: I think the nipply - d'oh, er, I mean nippy - air would only accentuate the natural goodness of your exposure.

A: Alas, no. The photo was taken while the photographer was fully clothed. But, no guarantees on that for the next time I go to a hotspring! Wanna join?

Emily said...

You scored (with the pumpkins) - they are very nice and I am trying NOT to think of anyone naked right now.

BillyCheese said...

Those are some very wonderful carvings. I think they look wonderful.