Thursday, October 19, 2006

Wind Caves (Revisited)

A couple weeks ago (Oct 5th, I think... I know it was a Thursday!) I hiked up to the windcaves with some splendid friends and Bree on my back. It was great fun. Teisha took the pictures (well, most of them) and I was just there for moral support. Not that she needs it anymore. She's come a long way since her accident. At any rate, here are a few precious photogenic gems from the hike.


Here's Bree contentedly munching on a carrot while the mule trudges along the trail. Kindly observe the head-gear she began with, as it will change throughout the course of the trek. This particular bandana is known to Bree as the "happy-hat."

Just a little stop to admire the view of the China Wall formation to the south, across the canyon, while surrounded by an explosion of fall leaves.

Once we arrived at the destination we snacked on some apples, fruit rolls and more carrots (I don't know what precise combination contributed to the war-paint around Bree's mouth). I've discovered that Bree looks decidedly more dashing in my hat than I do.

Here is the whole troup, sans photographer, in a great shot out of the East Cave. Notice Bree's third hat of the day, this time borrowed from Landon, who doesn't look like he minds too much.

No comments: