Friday, March 23, 2007

Mountain Goat

In many ways, this trip was a kind of test-run of the capabilities of my new body. I was running and jumping – easily, I might add - around places that, just six months ago, I would literally have been heaving my hefty self, feeling weighed down and depressed.


I felt/feel more agile than I have since I was a kid. I've rediscovered a physical confidence and capability that have been missing since early adolescence. It’s been a "rebirth" experience for me, creating this new-self. As we journeyed through the Fiery Furnace, Pulcheria described my movements as "graceful." Graceful. I like that.

Just after Pulcheria took this shot (I couldn’t help but grab a couple virtual caches while I was down there) I ran the Windows Primitive Loop Trail. Ran it. Ran! Okay, so I only ran 2/3 – ¾ of the 1.25 mile trail: but, still, it’s me – running. Here's to constant progression!

3 comments:

Wildman said...

To tell you the truth, I have been inspired by such physique transformations as I have seen in the likes of you.

Keep it up, the canyons are calling.

"Take your shoes off, follow your heart, and live."
AJP

WildBound said...

Okay. You are SO both out of control. I guess another term for "out of control" would be "wild".

Mark Robbins said...

Inviting good friends on such trips, I heard, is a nice thing to do.