Monday, May 21, 2007

Mid-West

Well, it's official. I have been accepted to Saint Louis University's History program. Later this summer Jan, Bree and I will leave Utah for approximately 5 years to complete my Ph.D. in Medieval European History. SLU has one of the world's preeminent medieval scholars, specializing in the Crusades (what I am planning on emphasizing), and Dr. Madden and I hit it off immediately when we met last month.

This will be the longest time any of us have lived outside the Zion Curtain. As of right now, the probable date of departure has been set for Monday, July 23.

5 comments:

Wildman said...

It will be a sad sad day. We will miss the stirring and ongoing dialog. This blogging stuff just doesn't quite do our conversations justice. My brain doesn't slow down long enough for my fingers to type. Alas, we shall make the most of our time.

WildBound said...

Zion Curtain! I love it! So true and fitting.

Sayyadina said...

Congrats! And "Boohoo." Not like I'm one of your best friends, but I love you and your little family, and have always been impressed with you. Good luck and keep blogging, it's some form of connection, at least.

Emily said...

Yay!! Can't wait - only 4.5 hours away instead of 20!!! Counting down the days...

CowboyBob said...

I'm thrilled for you guys, taking on such a new adventure. Our hearts are with you. What a flavorful spice you two will add to that university! It may take them awhile to figure out there are no current pigeon holes in which to place you. Fun! Love ya.