Saturday, March 07, 2009

At Bat, on Deck, and in the Hole

In an attempt to change our dating routine a bit, Pulcheria and I decided to forgo our usual eateries and go mini-golfing, last night, instead. We finished quickly – she beat me by two strokes – and still had time before picking the girls up. We tried the batting cages at the same place. It’s been so long, I thought softball was just the ticket. I hit every one, with only one foul ball, then Jan was up. She got in a few solid hits (one good one got a piece of her finger), too.

We took Beemer back, today, and she loved golfing. I tried fast-pitch baseball and very thoroughly and completely sucked (I’ll go back and try the slow-pitched machine, though I’ll have to wait for all those talented six-year-olds to go first)! Bree wasn’t ready to go in, so we snapped this shot instead.


4 comments:

Desertbound said...

Great idea! Any one have sore muscles from the batting cage after a long winter?

BillyCheese said...

That sounds like it was a lot of fun. I have always liked going and getting to smack a ball. I am not good but it is still fun. Mini Golf is cool too. I didn't go a lot since the Logan course was being uprooted by the trees and made for some nasty holes.

WildBound said...

She is so stinkin' cute!

CowboyBob said...

Family time is the best, huh.