Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Swan Flat


Today Bree and I took a little drive up Swan Flat Road, in search of a little pond with some salamanders in it. We found it and our amphibian friends, but we didn't stay for long, since the mosquitoes were trying hard to evolve into the collective version of Count Dracula. They were just little pests, but they came in numbers I haven't seen since my last trip to the Uintas (1994?). So, I ran back to the Jeep, and unloaded the Kid Carrier (with Bree still inside her no-see-um netting) into the back then got myself into the relative safety of the cab. Only then did I fully unload her.

We drove a little farther up the road, and I braved one last trip outside the Jeep in order to get this picture of Swan Lake.

1 comment:

Harles said...

I wanna go up in the mountains! :(