Monday, October 22, 2007

The Return of the Prodigals

Let it be known that the exiles have announced that their diaspora will receive a temporary respite. The Webb family, expatriates of the state of Utah, July 28 – present, will return to their fatherland. Ahenobarbus, Pulcheria and Beemer will all stand on Deseret’s sacred soil on December 18, 2007.

“It’s a mixed bag. Going back behind the Zion Curtain fills me at once with both excitement and anxiety,” said Ahenobarbus, the paterfamilias. “I want to play with Landon and Oakley,” Beemer has been found saying, followed occasionally by “is it Christmas, yet?” Merrily foreseeing babysitters, Pulcheria simply smiles with glee at the prospect.

See you all then… Hey, who wants to volunteer for airport pick-up duty? I may ask Tristano to haul me down to his place for the night so I can hit Diamond Fork (aka. Fifth Water) Springs! Who wants to come with?

14 comments:

Canyonsrcool said...

Me! Me! Pick me! I want to go! Well, I'm sure we can work something out . . .:)

(why do I have to do a word verification to comment on your blog?) just curious . . . .

WildBound said...

I'm so happy...I want to go!

Sayyadina said...

Who doesn't?! I hope we get a chance to see you while you are here!

RockNRollaChica said...

I'm in, if I can get out of school..;}

Muad'Dib said...

Huzzah!

CowboyBob said...

I'll be glad to pick you up at the airport, especially if it is not during school hours. Even if it is, we can work something out.

Bethany said...

How rude to just take your cute wife and daughter and fly right over us instead of driving thru and stopping for the night. J/K I would fly too.

Desertbound said...

Diamond Fork - here we come.

Wildman said...

I think he is speaking Latin, but it could be Greek...

I will have a bunch of vacation time rewarded by then, thus we are at your disposal.

What length of visit are we being honored with? A definite baby sitter or two for any romantic evenings.

Pulcheria said...

@ WM- While the thought of a babysitter is SO nice, I'm not sure either AT or I could tear ourselves away from you and WB.

nelsonville said...

Let us know when you're coming in and we'd be happy to work something out to get ya! It'll be so nice to see you all again. How's school going?

Wildman said...

You mean you wish to surrender to me? Very well, I accept. We shall dominate your time with excellent fun and food. To bad you aren't coming before Dec 11th as we got some of the last tickets for the King Singers (ellen eccles theater)

Ahenobarbus Textor said...

WM: Yes, indeed! Yea!

Oh, and I saw that the K's Singers were coming to Logan a few months ago. Super happy you got tickets. Enjoy on my behalf.

Anonymous said...

Who is Beemer speaking of when she mentions Landon and Oakley? Are you aware of a connection?
Who is Beemer named after?
These are historic names within the family so let me know if you are interested in Beemer genealogy.
Regards Marg Beemer Harris