Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Prizes for the Fam

Sometimes inspiration comes at the most unexpected times… and is twice blessed for it. My friend and colleague, Erin (a PhD student focusing on medieval Ireland), brought presents for my family today. Pulcheria’s comment tells the story: “you can tell she’s a mom!” She gave us diapers (sooo necessary - and nice not to have to buy myself) and a device to capture Adria’s size (figuratively speaking). But, she also got Beemer a prize: mess-less markers and finger-paints! She was so excited she insisted upon opening and using them immediately. Here she is showing Grandma how to use the paints.


Thanks again, Erin!

2 comments:

Wildman said...

Ah yes, achy pains around my heart strings for that little one.

Wildman said...

Okay, March 15th it is. I suppose we can take turns holding the littlest one.